Peet Pieterse joined Coopers & Lybrand (later PricewaterhouseCoopers) in 1997 after completing his post-graduate accountancy degree at the University of Pretoria. He continued his training to become a chartered accountant while with the firm, then left in 2000 to join Johnson & Johnson Medical (Pty) Ltd as an accounting manager. During his time with Johnson & Johnson he was admitted as an associate to the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) in the UK.
In 2004 he spearheaded an exhaustive Sarbanes Oxley Act compliance project for Johnson & Johnson Medical (Pty) Ltd. In January 2005 Peet joined a Johnson & Johnson sister company, Janssen Cilag UK and was responsible for corporate reporting, tax and account processing. The following year, in 2006, he returned to South Africa to start his own auditing practise. In 2018 Peet merged his business with Digital CFO to form PPHC Global Inc.
- Accounting and payroll processingI am a registered partner for Pastel, including SageOnline and Pastel Payroll, with more than 10 years’ experience on the desktop version. I was an early adopter of the online version and it is applied in our own business. I have extended my knowledge to include XERO and have successfully converted clients (including their historical information) over to the XERO accounting system. I can advise you on what accounting/payroll system is the most appropriate for your business and can manage all the processing as well.
- Income tax compliance and assistanceI am a registered tax practitioner with SARS authorising me to act on your behalf. Not only am I well qualified to look after the normal South African Tax Affairs (including VAT and PAYE) but also assist expat South Africans to ensure their tax affairs are in order. Having lived abroad and holding the UK CIMA qualification makes me well positioned to assist in this regard, utilising a network of qualified individuals.
- Business advisory and accelerationWith more than 20 years business experience in the corporate world and running a successful accounting, auditing and tax practice I am well suited to provide you with advice regarding your business. I have experience in a wide range of industries including fast food, retail, manufacturing, and agriculture.
- Financial statement compilation and reviewThe Companies Act require that all companies and Close Corporation compile Annual financial statements that adhere to an applicable framework (International Financial Reporting Standards). With more than 10 years' experience in assisting businesses to comply with these requirements and using the latest software, I am well equipped to ensure that your company adheres to this requirement. Since I am a registered auditor at the IRBA I can be appointed to fulfil the review or audit function of your company.
- Estate planning and drafting of willsHaving three of my own children I am well aware of the importance of proper estate planning. Basic items such as putting a will in place are often neglected, especially by business owners. I can advise you on considering the impact of children potentially moving abroad, the impact of setting up a trust/s and how to navigate the impact and planning around wealth tax (e.g. CGT and Estate duty). Through the assistance of our Wealth Partner, Anchor Capital, I can assist you in reviewing your long term estate/investment planning.
- Financial managementGood financial management starts with putting proper procedures in place. Through my project management experience and corporate finance experience, I am well poised to assist your organisation in putting this in place. I can also assist with general financial management and review of management accounts.